Saturday 21 January 2012

Winter Icebreaker

At swimming last week I saw advertised a "Winter Icebreaker" organised by our local council.  Not sure what it was I checked online and found it was a family fun day and despite it being minus 15 degrees, we bundled up and went along.

It was cold - very cold - but totally worth it!  Look at what we got to do!  It was so much fun and although the dogs were getting tired they still went pretty fast.  We will definitely try and do this again but with huskies.  (Little Miss D is obsessed with huskies!!  She had a pretty good time chatting to these "puppies").
Poor Action Boy looks all squished!


The kids loved it and Little Miss D was shouting "Go faster puppies!  Faster!".  At the end she told them all what a good ride they did!

There was also free hot chocolate, ice sculptures and bouncy castles (no need to remove shoes like we have to in Australia).  I saw all these kids eating a strange looking amber substance on a popsicle stick.  Apparently you dip a stick in maple syrup, roll it in snow and then you eat it!  How Canadian is that?!?  Too sticky, gooey and messy for my liking...

Before all this winter fun I escaped to the shopping mall to explore a bit.  You all know I'm fond of internet shopping but now I don't need to.  All my fav shops are just 10 minutes down the road - Gap, Old Navy, Forever 21, Zara and there are a heap of others I don't know yet!  I was accosted in Sephora by an enthusiastic sales girl but I think we found something to help my snake skin.  Can't wait to try it all out.  Sephora was fun, lots of fun!!


xx

1 comment:

  1. oh, oh, oh - Zara AND forever 21 are at your local mall? love it! Love those shops! You are going to have Soooooo much fun!!
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete