Tuesday 7 February 2012

#$@!!?&@@

Dear Canada

Your health care system leaves a lot to be desired.  OMG!  WTF?  I can't believe a first world, resource rich country thinks it's ok for sick babies to wait two hours to see a GP.  I can't believe people think it's ok for an adult to wait 4 to 6 hours to see a GP.  What's going on here?!?!?

I could rant and rave about this for hours.  In Australia my family was very fortunate to have an excellent GP, 5 minutes from home, where we never waited for longer than 15 minutes and the children were all covered by medicare.  Driving 25 minutes over shockingly maintained and cracked roads to wait 2 hours in a room full of very sick kids is frustrating to say the least!  As I'm sure you can tell I'm struggling with the health care system here...  I have to let it go because there's nothing I can do about it except try and keep us as healthy as possible and spread the word about how there is a better way to do front line health care!!!

Baby A before he got sick - he's becoming a very chubby bubby!
So poor Baby A has a virus and had a fever and a goopey eye which needed to be seen to.  Luckily not serious and should be back to his happy self soon!  

xx



No comments:

Post a Comment