Tuesday 21 February 2012

Dear Aunty

I miss you!  That's right besides family and friends the thing I miss the most is the ABC - TV and radio.

I've tried and I've looked but I really haven't found anything that comes close.  I especially miss Playschool for the kids.  Nothing beats Justine, Jay, Lea, Andrew and Alex along with Big Ted and friends for entertaining and teaching kids in a non-condescending, clever and creative way.  I keep trying to watch an episode on iView hoping that there is a small crack in their filter... no luck yet.

we miss you!!!
I miss ABC TV news and the radio - AM, The World at Noon, PM, talk back radio.  I do download pod casts of  PM when I'm really craving some news.  When you're at home most of the day and don't really know anyone to talk to, the radio is really important and I just haven't found a good alternate source of news and current affairs yet.  I've tried the CBC - the radio is quite good but a bit too arty farty and not "daily" enough for me.  The best way to describe the CBC TV news is to say it's followed by "Coronation Street"...

I miss Gruen Transfer, the Chaser Boys, the 7.30 report, the list goes on...  there must be good TV and radio here but I just haven't found it yet...

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment