Thursday 16 February 2012

squirrel watching...

We have amazing large windows in this house which provide lots of beautiful light and a great view onto the outside (not so fabulous for the oil heating bill though).  Through these windows we get a get to see what's happening outside when it's too cold to go out or the little kids are sleeping.  It really is nice to watch the world walk by when you're at home a lot (I sound like an old infirm lady!).  You can even see people admiring our discount Valentine's decorations!

I'm not sure how many squirrels call our yard home but at a rough guess I'd say around 12.  (From the action we've seen I think that number might grow in the spring time...).  Squirrels are the craziest little critters and are so active even when it's super cold.  They are really enjoying the warmer weather today - it's a very mild 3 degrees here!  Didn't even have to zip up my coat coming home from playgroup this morning!!

Thought the kids might like these pics...




In my mind winter is almost over - snow flurries are predicted then never happen and the snow on the ground is melting with these warmer temperatures.  I don't know if I'm kidding myself but I'm hoping to ditch the kids' snow pants in a few weeks.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment