Wednesday 15 February 2012

ice skating

Canadians love ice and snow and any form of activity you can do on it.  Our landlords kindly gave us some hand-me-down skates and so Action Boy started ice skating lessons today at school.  In Australia some schools might have swimming pools,  well in Canada some schools have outdoor ice rinks!  

Action Boy had a ball!  He was so excited and although he said he fell over a bit, he really enjoyed it and is super keen to do it again next week.  Unfortunately I didn't get a photo but I think I might take the little ones down next week for a sticky beak!

What I did get a photo of is a backyard ice rink - that's right backyard ice rink!  Ice hockey is not only the national sport but it seems it is also the national religion.  Apparently it's quite common for super keen hockey families to build their own rinks for the boys to practice on and I found this one just a few streets away from us.  They've done an amazing job!  You might not be able to see but there are quite a few hockey sticks proudly standing along the side.


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment