Tuesday 8 May 2012

Carbon paper

I went to visit my Australian friend and her new baby yesterday in the ritzy suburb of Westmount (think Celine Dion).  I obviously didn't read the parking signs well enough and I got a parking fine (I was distracted - two kids, bag, present, freshly baked slice etc).

Anyway I didn't realise until we got home and I saw a massive wad of paper under the windscreen wiper.

It took a while to figure out what it was and I had to flick through several pages including two pages of carbon paper to find out it was a parking ticket!!!


Then the infringement is hand written!  Are you serious?  To me this sums us the OTT bureaucracy of Quebec.  Lots of unnecessary paper shuffling...

But to make it truly Quebec, there is a large section on the back for you to dispute the ticket!


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment