Monday 21 May 2012

Lazy long weekend

We decided to stay put this long weekend instead of "touring" and I'm glad we did.  The weather has been amazing and we've spent a lot of time outside.  Having an extra day meant that we could get through a few odd jobs as well.  Something that has been languishing on my to do list is sewing.

So Fanta Pants took the kids to the park and then for some ice cream in the village and I descended in to our dungeon to make a few things.  Thank you!!


I've been wanting to make some cushions for a while and the end result was certainly worth the wait!

Pattern tutorial from www.cluckclucksew.com 
I'm very pleased with how it turned out and I'll try to make another one during the week.  I was also very pleased that the massive transformer box that enables the thermomix to perform also worked for the sewing machine.  (We're kind of sick of endlessly buying things we want/need here but won't be able to use at home.)

It was a breeze sewing in the dungeon as I could spread out and have everything I needed at close by.  Basements are a fantastic idea and an excellent use of space.  I've seen a couple of really excellent examples with full guest suites, playrooms and bathrooms.  Unfortunately while ours is big it's not very pretty.  The carpet is old and yuck and there lots of exposed pipes and there are even full tree trunk beams complete with bark!?!  I think this unmodernised basement is one of the reasons why we can afford to live here so I can't complain!


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment