Friday 18 May 2012

Pool weather

Yes, I think it's almost pool weather!  It's forecast to be 30 degrees on Monday which works out beautifully as Monday is a public holiday.  (In another chapter of the Quebec v Canada saga it's Victoria Day in the rest of Canada and Patriots Day here...)

Unfortunately our pool isn't close to being swimmable.  "Opening the pool" is a big deal here and it's supposed to be part of our lease.  The pool guys came the other day and threw in some chemicals but didn't do anything about the year's worth of leaves on the bottom of the pool...  My French is pretty good but I've never really used pool maintenance French before and I think the only thing I really understood was backwash until you see the bottom.  Somehow I don't think all the backwashing in the world is going to fix this situation!!

All this beautiful weather also means registering for summer holiday activities.  This "registering" for activities business is pretty cut throat here and miss it the hour they become available and you miss out!  So in the next few weeks I'll be lining up at the library and the local community pool.  It'll be worthwhile as there are some excellent activities on offer like a Lego club and outdoor swimming lessons!!

Our library seems pretty good and has a massive children's section.  It's pretty old school but there are a lot of resources and in two languages!


Baby has always loved books and today I think he tried to say "book"!  We were all busy choosing books and he was sitting in the stroller saying "B! B! B!"  I could hardly believe it!  He was very pleased to get one of his own to read.

 
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment