Tuesday 15 May 2012

Seasons

Everyone talks about how beautiful the four seasons are here in Montreal and the two we've seen have been amazing.  It's incredible how markedly different the weather is and of course the changes in weather mean massive changes in the environment.

All the rain and warm but mild weather mean everything is so green and lush.  There are flowers blooming and the trees really look amazing and I can tell there is still more to come!



Who would have thought soil would be this interesting!  I'm still in awe at it's moisture and density although it does make for dirty children!


While all this seasonal business is truly beautiful it's also an expensive exercise with three children.  We've been here four months and in that time we've had a 53 degree change in temperature from lows of minus 25 to highs of 28 degrees!  This means lots of new footwear and outerwear!  Serious cold weather boots and coats, rain boots, rain coats, spring shoes and now summer sandals!  Plus these little people grow so quickly I'm not confident that the spring shoes will make it to be fall shoes!

I've tried to fudge it a bit but the seasons really are so different that you need to cater for them or you'll be left cold and wet or hot and sweaty!  Little Miss D has had a massive growth spurt and clothes she was wearing before we left are really very small now - think plummer's crack shorts!  I guess there is an up side to all of this - cute new clothes!  I'm planning to dust off the sewing machine to make a few dresses and skirts and I'm really looking forward to these Salt Water sandals arriving!  (I'm still shopping away online!  While I was waiting at the bus stop yesterday the UPS man waved as he drove past!  He's a regular here!!)
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment