Thursday 2 August 2012

Brocante

I've been meaning to share this for a while but I hadn't gotten around to taking the photos!  So going back a few weeks now in the Loire Valley we came across this fabulous brocante.  



A brocante is kind of like the cross between an antiques fair and a flea market but it can also be in a permanent location like the one we found outside of Azay le Rideau.  It was amazing - just like it had been styled for a magazine shoot!




I managed to find some little treasures too.  These sabots are just gorgeous although I'm yet to find them somewhere to live in our house!

No problems bringing these wooden babies into Canada - no OTT customs declarations...
I have looked long and hard for vintage robots for the kids and who would have thought I'd find them in rural France?!  I'm not sure who's more pleased with these guys - me or the kids!!


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment