Wednesday 29 August 2012

Tastes like home

I've been quite lucky so far not to feel homesick.  Of course I really miss being with friends and family but overall we're coping pretty well.

However Fanta Pants craves certain foods like vegemite, meat pies and lamb.  Lamb is hard to come by here but we'd had a tip off that Australian lamb was available at CostCo and so I went off and joined up.  (CostCo is a huge, warehouse like supermarket that sells things in bulk at very good prices but you have to be a member to shop there).

Our tip off was spot on and I found cryovac Australian lamb!  Yippee!


We picked up some Quebec multi coloured carrots and green beans from the farmer's market in the village and voilà!  A beautiful mix of Quebecois and Australian produce!  Biting into the lamb was like tasting home.  I haven't had lamb the entire time we've been here and it was delicious!!!


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment