Friday 31 August 2012

It's starting

School went back on Wednesday and since then I've noticed a dramatic change in the weather.  While the days are still warm (in the 20s) there's no longer much heat in the sun and the light is softer.  It's been pretty breezy and dead leaves have started to fall.  I've even heard the geese doing "practice flights" (I think they're practising because they weren't flying south)...

This morning while lying on the floor playing with the baby I saw out the window that the leaves on a couple of trees have started to change colour.  I must admit that I'm surprised at how early it is but I don't really know how long the whole "Fall" process takes.



We're excited to see the trees turn yellow and orange and Action Boy is very excited about the snow returning but we will be sad to close the pool down.  There are so many things to look forward to over the next coming months (visitors, trips, Halloween, birthdays, Christmas, snow etc) but I'm really not looking forward to dressing two small children to go outside.  It has been so great just walking out the door.  Maybe it'll be easier this time around as we'll go into it gradually rather than land in minus 20 degrees!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment