Friday 30 March 2012

Chicken soup


We've had more than our fair share of sickness since we got here and it's taking it's toll.  Fanta Pants and I are shattered.  Baby A's night sleeping is terrible - luckily he's so cute!  Unfortunately his super cute face and sweet nature don't make up for the hours of lost sleep.


So I decided to make some home made penicillin - chicken soup from scratch including the stock.  It took all day but the end result was totally worth it.  Everyone gobbled up its tasty goodness (Action Boy had to be cajouled and there were tears but he ate it in the end!)

Flowers are also good for the soul!


I tried a new supermarket last night and found they had a lovely flower section.  I would never have tried it because it has a silly name "Loblaws" but a few people recommended it and I glad I gave it a go.

Anthropologie also makes me happy!


There is going to be a mini invasion of expats into Fanta Pants' office and we had one of the soon to be new arrivals over for dinner the other night.  It was lovely to meet him and also very lovely to use my new Anthro cutlery!

I said new but it's actually old - it's all recycled, mixed silver cutlery and I love it!  The knives are a bit useless for cutting but they're so pretty.  I can't wait for the Montreal store to open - apparently it's any day now.  In the meantime there's always New York!!!  (more on that later...)

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment