Tuesday 20 March 2012

Spring & shopping

Happy Spring!  It's the first day of spring here and mother nature came to the party with a forecast high of 23 degrees!  It's 17 degrees right now but so sunny and so warm.  Baby A and I were out this morning and I didn't wear a coat or socks or stockings!  Baby A didn't have to wear his suit either!  Amazing - it's so liberating and quick!  We can save 2 to 5 minutes getting everyone dressed to get Action Boy to the bus on time.  2 minutes might not sound like a lot of time but with three kids at 7.30am it's the difference between catching the bus or not!

I have always loved online shopping - with three kids it's so easy.  I was so excited about the thought of having all sorts of things shipped from the US without having to get my dear friend in NYC to ship them to me or pay big time international shipping fees (I was thinking Anthropologie, Pottery Barn Kids, fabrics etc).  However I got a nasty shock when the postman asked for $97 in duty for an Anthro delivery!  Wha..?  When I enquired about it at the post office I was told anything over $40 can be randomly inspected for duty.  Bummer...  I have found a couple of good Canadian sites that deliver free which helps but I still can't get everything we need/want.

So Baby A and I had some fun this morning at our local mall.  I've wanted coloured jeans for ages so I thought while I still have to buy size enormous I'd go cheap and cheerful from Old Navy.

I know it's all sunny at the moment but I've been told there is plenty of rain coming so Little Miss D gets a super cute rain coat.


Then we went upstairs to Zara... parfait!  Everything in there was truly perfect, especially this blazer.  My favourite colour.  Ever.  Only problem is Zara Enfants is only down town...  I don't see me having the time in the next few weeks to get there so I might have to send Fanta Pants to pick some things up for Little Miss D...

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment