Sunday 25 March 2012

Gross

I'm not a super neat clean freak but I do have a weekly schedule of cleaning, dusting and vacuuming to keep on top of things. Why am I boring you with this?  Well I have become increasingly frustrated with the dust on the furniture and the dust bunnies in our bedroom.  I would clean and two days later there would be dust everywhere.

There aren't any air vents so I decided to take a peek into the radiator.  OMG!  So gross!  The dust on top of the radiators was centimetres thick!


All the rooms upstairs were freshly painted before we moved in so Fanta Pants removed the covers as carefully as possible so he could vacuum them clean.  What a job!  Surely this should be a yearly job not every 50 years!



Luckily no one has allergies or asthma but I am sure that breathing in all this dust (there are three radiators in our room) contributed to my bronchitis.  I'm also sure that all this dust has contributed to our massive oil bill.  There is so much more heat coming out now!  I guess next weekend's job is doing the radiators down stairs.

On a much brighter note, we've almost finished putting up all our photos and pictures.  Thank goodness for 3M sticky hooks and strips!  We need to get some more to finish off put I'm really pleased to see all our things around us.  I'm particularly fond of the little area at the top of the stairs.


See the closed door?... it heads up a steep flight of stairs to the attic.  Fanta Pants and I went up there last night to investigate and yes attics are as creepy in real life as they are in all the books you've read and movies you've seen!  Luckily the kids haven't asked what's behind that door and I'm not planning on telling them any time soon!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment