Wednesday 28 March 2012

Doctors

We have had a rotten run of sickness since we've been here and we were back at the doctor this morning with Baby A.  Poor thing has infections in both ears.

It's taken a few goes but I think I've got this whole walk in GP clinic thing sorted.  I found a really nice clinic close by and the key is getting there as close to opening as possible.  That's pretty easy as you generally know the night before or when you wake up that you're going to need to see the Dr.  I debated going to the general walk in clinic or the "tiny tots" clinic run by paediatricians which is further away.  I went with the general clinic because I was pretty sure it was an ear infection and I had been told that kids are fast tracked.  If it was something more complicated I'd probably go to the kids only clinic but I would have to wait longer because they're all kids so no fast tracking!

We went straight in, saw a really nice doctor and got the prescription we needed.  So pleased and so relieved!  I was also relieved to see the prescription was for amoxil - there is comfort in the familiar.  However I was a bit surprised when I opened it when we got home.



The medicine is bright yellow and smells like banana lollies!  Why is it necessary to put colours and additives in children's medicine?  Surely that's just sending all sorts of mixed messages...  I've never had a problem getting the kids to take their plain, unflavoured, uncoloured medicine.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment