Tuesday 17 April 2012

Green

Slowly, slowly the nature fairies have been bringing spring to Montreal and today it seems that it is now the turn of the trees.  The tips of some of the trees have just sprouted and I'm eager to see them covered in green!


I'm not used to seeing springtime unfold in this way.  A heavy blanket of snow certainly changes what plants can do and it really is beautiful to see everything come to life again.


We had some overlooking issues in our old house as it was a compact house on a small block but I didn't anticipate having worse overlooking issues here.  I thought a big house on a massive block would mean complete privacy but I was completely mistaken!

We have trees everywhere on our property and the surrounding ones and for around six months of the year they are naked and through all these bare branches we can see a lot of what our neighbours get up to!  For example we can see right through our backyard into the kitchen and living room of the house behind.  We can see when they're on the computer and when they open the fridge!  Thankfully our windows aren't as big as theirs but I'm guessing they can see a fair bit of what goes on in here.  (On a sunny day in the winter they would put their feet up against the glass doors to soak up the sun!)  From upstairs we can see into our immediate neighbours on both sides but we can also see through two gardens and across a street into another house!  Fortunately our windows are quite well placed so I don't feel spied on.

Having said that, I and I'm sure all the neighbours are looking forward to thick, bushy trees to give everyone around six months worth of privacy!!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment