Wednesday 11 April 2012

New York, New York

Pretty much everything about NYC is amazing but a real highlight for us was seeing a show on Broadway.  With children around of course the obvious choice was "The Lion King" and wow!  Amazing!



Aunty Red #1 used her connections to get us excellent seats and we were captivated for the entire show.*  
Simba
www.playbill.com
Everything about it was amazing - costumes, puppetry, music, singing, staging... This show has been running for nearly 15 years and has just passed "The Phantom of the Opera" as the highest grossing musical on Broadway.  They have made $853,846,062!!!  (I can see how they've done that - no discounts for kids and four tickets cost more than one full priced airfare!!!).

The Aunties Red kindly offered to look after Baby A while we enjoyed the show - Thank you!!!
On the subway
 Then they let him loose in Time Square!!


xx

* Captivated until I realised who was sitting behind us!  The show started and at least 5 minutes later a family with lots of kids was seated.  I was surprised they would be let in and thought they must be well connected to come in once the show had begun.

After intermission I did a double take and then counted all the kids and concluded it was Lauren Hill from the Fugees!  She is beautiful - such fine features and so tiny.  I'm up on my showbiz goss, so I knew she had five kids because the last one was born around the same time as Baby A.  I was excited to see some one famous but I wanted to keep cool so I sent Fanta Pants a text message to tell him who was sitting behind us!

No comments:

Post a Comment