Sunday 29 April 2012

Sunday

We're well and truly settled in and feeling pretty comfortable in our new surrounds and that means we can all enjoy some quiet time over the weekend doing a few jobs with a bit of fun stuff too.  This weekend's project was painting an old chest of drawers.

Everyone knows I'm not a fan of wood and I'm super fond of painting over it and this little piece was not going to be spared!  Fanta Pants has had this a long time and it survived due to its super cute shape however the orange stained wood had to go!  I'm even branching out from painting everything white and have chosen a lovely faded denim blue.


The chest will have a very special job to do once it's finished.  Hopefully I'll be able to show the second part of this project by the end of the week...

These beauties are from our garden.  Not sure who or when the bulbs were planted but they are amazing.  They are much paler than I've seen before and they smell amazing.


There are bulbs popping up all over the place and it is really beginning to look like spring despite it being so cold this week.  There is an amazing patch of tulips I'm dying to photograph and I think they've opened up just enough for a lovely photo...

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment